About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Things to look forward to this week :-)

I'm going to get my hair cut on Tuesday - get used to a new shorter style before I have to get used to no hair at all - if I have the Chemo

After that, I think I shall go shopping and get some bits and pieces for Dj's school trip - I might even treat myself to something I don't even need :-)
I'm going to see if Jacqui's up for coming with me and maybe we'll get some lunch while we're out.

James and Leanne are going to come over one evening this week, it's always nice to see them. James wants to talk to Dj and make sure he's coping ok and reassure him if he's got any worries that he's not discussed with me. I'm so glad they are so close, despite the age gap, and I know that Dj will be happy to share his concerns with his big reliable brother.

I should have a clearer picture of exactly what I'm dealing with this week and I'm definitely looking forward to knowing more (as mad as that may sound!). To be back in control I need to know.

I'm going to have a glass of wine one evening this week as well...I don't really drink anymore but after my op I may not be able to tolerate it, so I'm going to do it while I can :-)

I shall vote on Thursday - I'm glad I won't be in hospital already and miss my chance to cast my vote - then I shall sit up all night and watch the results as they come in...hmmm, maybe that's when I'll have my glass of wine :-)

I'm sure I'll think of other things I'm looking forward to this week, but for now, that's my list.

I want to feel as relaxed as THIS .........:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment