- He made a couple of new friends (Owen and Daniel);
- enjoyed lunch (egg sandwich, a flapjack and a drink - such a creature of habit) ....he's eaten hundreds of egg sandwiches in his life - never at home, always at school;
- he took part in a team game and his team did well - apparently they didn't win but had a lot of fun
- found out he has something in common with a girl in his class, they both detest tomatoes
- learned how to operate the biometric system they have for school lunches, library books and registration (everything is done via fingerprints)
- managed to put his lunch money onto his account and more importantly managed to ask for help when it didn't work at first
- found people to sit with and have a chat to at lunchtime - this is something he would have really struggled with even just a year ago
- was awarded a merit certificate for finding out essential information that everyone else forgot to ask about (his obsessional need to know things comes in handy sometimes....lol)
- and is fine about going back on Monday :-)
D = Decision making, this can take me some time. I like time to think..
J = Jumping, I like to jump sometimes, I find it relaxes me and gets rid of stress
A = Art is something I find relaxing. I like to be able to spend time getting things just right
M = Military machines, weapons and wars is a subject that really interests me. I have WWII items that I collect
E = Energetic – sometimes I find I have more energy than I know what to do with! Using the trampoline here will be good J
L = Listening, I like to listen and think – it is something we should we should all do more often, listen to each other and think about what we say.
So the things above tell you a little about me. I’m not so good at talking about myself, in fact at Primary school I wouldn’t have been able to stand up here and do this.
I used to think that no-one was very interested in me but since I’ve grown up I’ve realised that I am a good friend, a great listener, a good advisor and I’m fun to be around.I’m looking forward to doing really well here at this