About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Saturday 25 September 2010

Information about Breast Cancer.....

I have received a message via email from a lady called Sarah about supporting a Breast Cancer campaign in the US.....
This may interest my readers from the US who use Facebook and/or Twitter..

Relevant parts from email below:

I thought you might be interested in hearing about the campaign that Sutter Home is currently working on to help raise money for breast cancer awareness, treatment, and education.

Right now, if you “like” the Sutter Home Facebook page, you can access an application which allows you to add the Sutter Home capsule overlay below to your Facebook profile picture. You can also add the overlay to your avatar on Twitter.

For every Facebook fan or Twitter-er that adds this overlay to their avatar, Sutter Home will donate $1 to Breast Cancer awareness.

You can find out more about the Sutter Home for Hope program here (www.sutterhomeforhope.com) or access the application here (http://twibbon.com/sutterhomeforhope).

I was hoping that you might be interested in sharing this great opportunity with your readership


So, there you go - if you are interested in supporting this cause check out the website and it'll guide you through the process.


Secondly - I'm asking for help for a friend....

If you know of or can find ANY research papers available on MUCINOUS OR COLLOID CARCINOMA please send to me via the email link on my profile page....

This is a rare Breast Cancer that affects just 2% of people - it is proving to be very very difficult to find out any helpful information on the best treatment plans and my friend is receiving conflicting information from her team making it virtually impossible for her to proceed to treatment.

So, if you are currently still seeing your Breast Care team and can ask if they are aware of any papers or research programmes into this type of Breast Cancer, I'd be very grateful.

This information is required by yesterday..but today, tomorrow or as soon as you can will still be good. Anything you can turn up please forward to me.

Many thanks xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment