About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Monday 26 July 2010

Feeling well !!!

Ok, so this is probably not what you were expecting to hear....I'm feeling ridiculously well at the moment, no pain, no real discomfort to mention, no longer thinking about the damage caused by Radiotherapy (although internally it's still slightly uncomfortable at times).

I've been eating my healthy food, taking my (huge amount of) healthy supplements and it's obviously working because if it wasn't the summer holidays now I'd be asking to be signed off sick and be allowed to go back to work. Luckily it is the summer hols :-))

My Sister is here, she arrived on Wednesday and we got together on Thursday and every day since then.
On Saturday we all went on a day out to Golders Green park, lovely little park that not many people seem to have heard of unless they live in the area.

Auntie Sarah and Dj enjoying the walk in the park


We found it by accident last Easter (2009) and Dj had wanted to go back ever since mainly because they have this massively overgrown area behind the park where you can see and hear birds that you never usually find in London.
Wild Rosemary grows in abundance along with Wild Garlic, Thyme and lots of other plants..... *but this time we didn't go the 'Rosemary' way as we were exploring a different area*




A few weeks ago going to Sainsbury's exhausted me beyond belief - Saturday I spent 7 hours out of the house, walking in the summer sunshine and just taking in all the smells of various plants, hearing the birds, at times just listening to the silence....I came back tired but no pain and to be honest, no more tired than anyone else.
After walking miles and miles in the park we decided to stop off at a decent looking Italian restaurant on the way home....Here's Dj's impression of Charlie Chaplin (the restaurant was called 'Charlie's'....:-)


Off to drink some more Wheatgrass now and take my Algae :-)

Big loud 'Pah'! to all those who said I wouldn't feel better by making my own improvements. Just got to hope the scans show a massive difference now - keep your fingers crossed for me.

6 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hello Auntie Sarah!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done love keep up the good work, so glad you are feeling a bit better, loads of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mum/Dad - am doing my best to keep on top of things at the moment.
    Fingers crossed eh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I can confirm, you are looking and feeling a little better. With all that walking and seven hours out of the house, I needed to have a lie down myself! Well done sis, was really nice to see you with big smiles and not having to pretend you are okay for the sake of everyone else! And well done to DJ for attempting to try the "wheatgrass" (his choice) and thank you DJ for spitting it out all over my shirt because you thought the taste was vile! NICE ONE ! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, well never mind about wheatgrass and sunshine and walks in the park. If you can do a photo of deer, you can jolly well do one of DJ's new look room that James, Leanne and the lads put HUGE amounts of efforts into doing!!!!


    Really glad you're feeling so much better. Amazing what you can do on liquidized lawn clippings and a bit of dried seaweed! And glad you're feeling well enough to get out and about and enjoy a bit of quality time with DJ and Sarah.


    Still hacked off about the sharps bin though.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis, I'm STILL laughing about the reaction to the wheat grass - he was so determined to have a go. Still, at least it doesn't stain eh :-))

    Just wish I'd been quick enough to get the photo of the facial expression but it was such an instant reaction I missed the opportunity completely.

    Lou, sorry no can do... Dj's adamant he doesn't want pics of his bedroom on here so I'll email to you instead. His bedroom is now his sanctuary and it's 'private' he tells me.

    Get over the sharps bin....you've either got one or you haven't (and in your case that'll be 'haven't').... LOL
    We're meeting you for lunch next week hopefully? Catch up soon xx

    ReplyDelete