About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Update re: 2nd opinion

YAY! Got a telephone call today from the hospital GP has referred me.

I have an appointment with Mr K tomorrow at 11.00am. Yippee! That didn't take long! I was truly expecting to have to go back to the GP next week and ask for it to be chased up.

The hospital is further away than I thought but that makes it all the better as far as I'm concerned. That way I'm unlikely to come across the 'same' team of consultants as the previous ones.

So fingers crossed please, candles lit, positive thoughts and prayers all welcomed. Thanks for the ongoing support everyone, so appreciated.

I'm now scared but happy - does that make sense?

I do know that if the prognosis is exactly the same as before I WILL be having the operation.
I know there's been some concern that I may not make the right decision but I promise I'll do the thing that is best for me, gives me the longest chance of survival and the best quality of life available.

Update as and when I know more.
Much luv to all xxx

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck tomorrow, Mrs. I. Nuisance.
    Glad the GP came up trumps after all.

    Hopefully after tomorrow, you'll be able to make a decision that is right for you

    Be thinking of you

    Shents xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shents :-)
    Fingers crossed for the best outcome eh...I'm thinking that I won't find out too much tomorrow but will probably get a date to go back for further scans. Report back when I know more.

    Tony, thanks for praying for me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole you will be in my thoughts tomorrow..... Best of luck, fingers legs, toes and whatever else crossed for you....

    Just remember we are all here rooting for you!!

    Love Alli XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never doubted that you will make the right decision for YOU......! Great news about the 2nd opinion, I've already typed up my hate mail to that dispicable Dr so i'll get that sent soon.
    Luv ya lots

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks J, for listening and believing in me as always.

    Hope you've still got as much faith in my judgement after my meeting on the 25th :-)

    Lotsaluv back xxxxx

    ReplyDelete