About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Friday 8 October 2010

Another of Dj's thoughts.....

Conversation with Dj at 'lights out' time this evening....

He's been feeling a little insecure this week, probably due to the operation schedule being altered last minute plus some silly stuff going on at school...

Him: I've finished reading now, can I get a hug?
Me: Yes big hug then good night, sleep tight
Him: Mummy, can I get a second hug tonight?
Me: Yep, double hugs is fine
Him: What day would you have had your operation this week?
Me: Tuesday - 3 days ago now
Him: Would you still have been on the secure ward by today?

LOL! ....I know I've been slightly stressed lately but didn't think I actually needed sectioning (yet)



1 comment:

  1. bless.....
    well by the time you actually get in to hospital, they will need to secure the doors just in case someone pis*es you off! hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete