About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Carole Arab is fundraising for Trinity Hospice

Carole Arab is fundraising for Trinity Hospice

Many thanks for the donations everyone - I'm up to 108% of my target now....if anyone was thinking of donating at any point in the future I'm perfectly happy to keep beating what I'd hoped to raise.
In other words, it ain't over :-)

Djamel is going to organise his sponsored walk for when he returns to school in September, I'm currently selling raffle tickets...Now I'm going to see if I can turn that 108% into 200%

Big thanks to everyone who donated so far...I know that Trinity Hospice are very grateful and I am too :-)

9 comments:

  1. Well done sis! I'm sure with the effort you put into your blog, the amount of hits and interest people take from it, you will continue to receive small change funding as its important to keep the wheel spinning for a individual charity that gives so much back to the people in their time of need. And DJ well done, keep the ideas coming. Put me down for £5 on sponsored walk, as long as I get to see some photos! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and put me down also for £5 for the sponsored walk.

    Amazing lady

    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me down on Dj's list for a tenner please Carole. He's a smasher of a lad and he's got a smasher of a mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - as always :-)

    He's been looking at possible routes today and is thinking about trying a 10km walk from Albert bridge to Tower bridge. Lots of lovely photo opportunities along the way too.
    He *wanted* to do the Hampton Court>Teddington to Albert bridge but I've said it's too far for a first try (23 miles)...

    Looking at organising for the October half term which will give him plenty of time to harass teachers etc at school first :)

    More details as we make decisions..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping that your 'writers' block leaves you soon!
    Take care, thinking of you, looking forward to you next post.
    My real reason for commenting is that I want to thank you for all of your advice and support over the months, it has been invaluable......
    Thanks again, you are a remarkable woman, always helping and supporting others whilst going through an ordeal of your own!
    Hugs, love and blessings! x
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sis, I would like to donote £2 for another blog update from you! LOL! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll second Sarah's £2 for the same reason! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Girlies,

    I don't want you guys to donate any more than you have done already. There are plenty of people who will donate in the future.

    I'll update maybe later - have logged on numerous times intending to update but have 'writer's block' at the moment :-)) Maybe later this evening if I'm in the mood xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya,

    Is everything ok your end? It has just been a while since your last post!! (writers block is such a pain!!!)

    Much love. Xx

    ReplyDelete