About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Pre-Assessment day

This afternoon is my appointment at St Thomas' for pre-assessment of both Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.

First is the Chemo appointment which I think is just blood tests and a chat about the Chemo treatment plan, possible side effects etc.

Then onto the Radiotherapy department for my pre-assessment appointment. I think this is where they re-scan me and then tatoo me so that they can line up the Radiotherapy machine in exactly the same place each time.
I'm not looking forward to yet more people examining my bum, poking me around or the actual tatooing procedure (Yes, I KNOW it's only 'pin pricks' but the whole area is so uncomfortable I just want to be left alone)....

Still, get today out of the way and then it's just a case of waiting until the actual treatment starts dates that I'll confirm later, but I'm expecting it to be around the 7th June.

No comments:

Post a Comment