About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Friday 25 June 2010

Other stuff you might want to know :-)

Yesterday I had a phone call from Kings to confirm that they have booked me in for a new MRI scan on 10th August. I then contacted the CT scan department and asked if they could also do that one on the same day to save me travelling backwards and forwards.

So both scans booked for the morning of 10th August - these are the ones they will be looking at to see if the Radiotherapy has done a good enough job in shrinking the 'walnut sized' tumour (!) that was there at the end of April.
If it's worked then they'll be discussing surgery dates with me when I go for my meeting with the Oncology department on 25th August. If it hasn't, that'll be a whole new post....

Apart from that, I'm looking forward to a day of doing not much tomorrow as Dj is going to a paint-balling 11th birthday party.

Picture below added 29/6/10


He's really really looking forward to this, has known about it for months and has been soooo excited about it.

He has to be at A's by 10am and Rab's working tomorrow on a wedding so I shall have the day to myself to either catch up on some sleep or just potter about doing bits and pieces.
Weather is expected to be quite good still, so I may go for a walk on the common and just get a bit of fresh air - then sleep in the afternoon maybe.

I just feel glad not to be having any Radiotherapy for the next two days and giving my skin a break during which I can, hopefully, get back on top of things ready for next week.




Sunday is 'Race for Life' on Clapham Common (and various other sites as well - think Leanne said she's taking part in the Richmond Race for Life this year)
If the weather is still good and I feel up to it I may go over and cheer some of the 'racers' on...last year there was a lady of 85 who speed walked the 5k race, I thought she was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment