About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Feeling good...... things are "as good as can be"

Hi all,

Just a quick post to update everyone on the current progress of Mum.

Surgery was conducted on the morning of Tuesday the 9th November, I managed to speak briefly with one of the consultants involved in the opperartion and they confirmed that everything went 100% as planned and things are:

"as good as can be in the circumstances".

We got to see her about 5.30pm last night but she was still in her own little world, she seemed to think she had mosquitos on her making her itch, still not given up on the idea to run away somewhere hot then, unfortunatley a little bit late now mum, eh! lol.

Off to see her again shortly so will be able to fully update everyone with the full details in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who has supported mum to this stage in the journey, you have all been such a massive help, you probably don't realise how much but all the family are eternally greatful. As much as we try and understand I think you can only have a proper understanding if you are or have been through the same troubles.

It's a relief she has had you all, hugs to you all for you kind thoughts and words

James xx

13 comments:

  1. Thank you James for the update. I've been thinking of her a lot these past couple days, but also, I've been thinking of her family as well. It's a hard time for everyone, and you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting an update. I am so happy to hear she is doing well. Give her a big hug and kiss for me, and let her know she is in my prayers always and I am thinking of her.

    Love from the States, Rose Mary xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks J for letting us all know. Your mum has also told me what a massive support both Leanne & yourself have been. Her cyber friends will now see her son's strength & humour that has kept her so strong for all of these years. See you soon nephew. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. James. Good of you to find the time to update us followers of your Mum out in cyberspace! Have been thinking about her a lot. Poor Carole, sounds like she has the morphine hallucinations (mosquitos). They can be vivid and unsettling. Hope the docs can reduce the dose soon while keeping her comfortable.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear the op went well James. I'm sure I speak for everyone in wishing your mum a speedy recovery. Your Mum's blog has been a great help to those either suffering from, or caring for someone with this awful disease. Much love and good wishes to you all.

    Nicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole/James

    So very pleased to hear that all has gone well. Please pass on all my love and a great big hug when you are allowed ! Lots of prayers and positive energy heading your way Carole. We are ALL thinking of you so much.
    Lots of love 'jadziadax' xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update, James. I shall continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayes. Much love. Katherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been following your mums blog for a while now and i am so pleased everything is going as well as expected.
    All the best to your mum for a complete and fast recovery .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for keeping us informed James.That is typical of your mum to worry about us while she is going through this time.We cant wait to see her first post when she comes back,she is an unique lady and she is so very proud of you boys.Love to you all.Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had such an important task, James - keeping us all up to date on your mum's progress. We're all really grateful to you.
    Like Rose says, I can't wait to read her first 'I'm home' post, so that we can continue to support her through the next stage.
    Oh - and I hope you've noticed that I've not mentioned Newcastle's unexpected victory last week. Your mum says you were at the game - sorry about that!
    Shents xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. James, you are your 'mothers son' as the saying goes. Carole constantly talks about Rab, yourself and Leanne, the parents and of course DJ with huge affection, and almost forgot Sarah but then we talk on here anyways! The serious subject of cancer and the operations and trying times affect all those around her and you are all standing strong...this doesn't happen just to one person and to inject some humour at the right time is an art that your mum has taught you well :-)

    I look forward to meeting you all one day soon!

    Tony xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending healing thoughts and love to Mum. Thanks so much for the update James. Always in my prayers Carole xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please keep us as updated as much as you can James, I wish her all the best. Honestly your blog touched me deeply. My prayers and wishes are with you and your family during this time.

    I'm so happy everything went as well as it could. Here's hoping her recovery is quick and painless.

    Love Lamia xx

    ReplyDelete