About Me

My photo
I'm Carole, living in London, happily married and mum to two amazing boys.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Rectal Cancer in April 2010. Surgery took place in November 2010 and I now have a permanent colostomy...Spinal mets were then diagnosed in October 2011...In January 2012 I was told of further spread to the hip area (multiple lesions)..My life expectancy is now 6-9 months. Walk alongside me on the last part of my experience with this..

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Life is like...............

Yesterday Dj was looking very thoughtful and was obviously pondering something. I asked him what he was thinking and he said

'I'm thinking about life actually'

Hmm, bit 'deep' for an 11 year old really so intrigued I asked him to explain.

He said:

'Well, I was thinking that life is like an Airfix model actually, you start off with all these bits that go together somehow but it has to be built and improved, because just looking at the bricks is not the full picture.
So someone has to put it all together and build it up bit by bit and then eventually you end up with a working model.
It takes ages to get it finished and then you put it on display out in the rain and the weather chips away at it bit by bit, storms come and knock bits off, the rain damages the outside sometimes and other times the sun beats down on it and changes it's appearance and also insects get into the inside and live there
Then finally one day a BIG storm comes and knocks it all into a 1001 pieces again it's broken and then someone has to start again and build a new one...
So I was thinking that 'we' are like Airfix models, in pieces as babies and then in pieces again at the end but during this building process people learn to build new, more complex models and then the process starts all over again.
Although you might not have the model any more you never forget it'.....

Deep thoughts .........


3 comments:

  1. He's an intelligent boy, Dj. His thought process are often way beyond his years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Bless him, he isn't wrong! What an interesting way to look at life.
    Great thoughts for me...thinking about dusting myself off and starting again!
    Thanks DJ...What a great help you have been.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what youre gonna get!
    Forest Gump!
    Sis, you should be proud of your wonderful Einstein!
    hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete